- Rava (suji /cream of wheat) – 2 cups
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Elaichi (cardamom) – 10 pieces
- Saffron – a pinch
- Butter – 2 sticks
- Cashews – 10-15
- In a medium sized saucepan, add 4 slices of butter. Let it melt for a minute in medium heat. Add 2 cups of rava (cream of wheat a.k.a suji ) . Roast it in medium high heat until golden in color.
- Add 2 cups of water. Mix the rava and water nicely. Let the rava cook in medium high heat. Carefully mix the rava and water so lumps do not form. (lump formation means some rava is uncooked in the center of lump).
- After the rava is cooked nicely, add 2 cups of sugar. And mix the cooked and rava and sugar nicely until sugar is melted and blended in nicely.
- While mixing the sugar and cooked rava, add 1 stick of butter.
- Mix the ingredients in the container nicely. Lower heat to medium if needed.
- If the ingredients look sticky, add another half a stick of butter.
- All of above steps should take 10-15 minutes of time. Now add powdered elaichi and a pinch of saffron (kumkum puvulu) . Mix them nicely.
- Remove from stove and place the container on the counter.
- In another small pan, add a small slice of butter and roast 10-15 cashew halves.
- Top the rava kesari with roasted cashews.
Note: Roasted cashews and powdered elaichi (cardamom) can be prepared ahead and placed on the side for use in steps 7 and 10.
2 thoughts on “Govinda Dasu Cookbook : Rava Kesari”
Lovely recipe mate, let me try it at home.
Put some pictures of the food. that will make your blog good.